Educational Healthy News

We provide authentic educational and healthy news

All the subject teachers that are needed in UK

Subject teachersSubject teachers

All the subject teachers that are needed in UK

In order to teach in the UK as a foreign trained teacher, below is the list of subject teachers that are needed in the UK. You will be asked to answer in affirmation whether you teach any of the listed subject.


One of your certificates must specifically mention as part of these subjects as shown on the list below.


You’ll need to upload your certificate, along with a transcript that shows all the modules you studied and the scores you achieved.


Visit the official website page here for verification.

  • Maths
  • Science
  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Physics
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Latin
  • Mandarin
  • Russian
  • Spanish


We cannot accept similar or related subjects, for example, economics instead of maths, agricultural science instead of biology or engineering instead of physics.

Visit the official website page here for verification


Subjects with a Shortage of Teachers

Certain subjects, such as Maths, Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish, are in high demand in the UK. To be eligible, your teaching or university degree certificate must explicitly state your qualification in one of these subjects.

Non-UK University Degree

If you received your education and degree from a non-UK university, you may need a “statement of comparability” to show that your degree is equivalent to a UK degree. The Department for Education website can provide guidance on this process.

Finding Teaching Jobs with Visa Sponsorship

Various websites advertise teaching jobs in the UK with visa sponsorship options, including Career Jet, Indeed, GOV.UK, and These platforms help connect job seekers with potential employers who can provide the necessary visa sponsorship.

Becoming a Teacher in the UK as an International Student

If you are in the UK under a Tier 4 student visa, you can apply for a graduate visa after completing your education. This visa allows you to work in the UK for two years without needing a sponsor. Afterward, you can transition to a skilled worker visa and extend it as long as you have a valid employment contract with a UK employer.

About The Author

Join our social media platforms

Join us for regular updates on:

Join WhatsApp or Join Telegram